All visa requirements for au pairs and nannies change on a regular basis for every country. Please note it is YOUR responsibility to check the most up-to-date information on government websites. Thank you!

Au pairs from the EEA countries do not need a work permit or visa to work in Ireland. They only have to register with the Irish police when they arrive. The EEA countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Au pairs from Argentina, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea and the United States can come to Ireland under the Working Holiday scheme. Au pairs from these countries need to apply for a Working Holiday Authorisation at the Irish Embassy in their country and meet the requirements specific to their country. Please check the Irish government's website for more information.

Au pairs from other countries can obtain a student visa if they are registered to study English at an approved language school. Students need to register with the local immigration office to be premitted to work. A student may work part a maximum of 20 hours a week (and full time during vacation periods) to support themselves.

Register free

To find a family or au pair

Find out more

An au pair says...

"I was successful in finding a family in a short time. Thank you!"
- Dalia S, United Kingdom


Information on visas in:
Australia / Austria / Belgium / Canada / Denmark / France / Germany / Ireland / Italy / Netherlands / New Zealand / Norway / Spain / Sweden / Switzerland / UK / US /