We want you to be SAFE! Please read the following to avoid scammers and other criminals:
1. NEVER send money for ANY reason, not even to make a deposit under your own name. If a family asks for money, they are scammers (criminals).
2. NEVER contact a family which has contact details on their profile, for example an email address, phone number, Skype, MSN, etc. These people are scammers (criminals).
3. NEVER send any information (copy of passport, or other personal details) to a family’s “travel agency”, “lawyer”, “border agency”, etc. Genuine families do not use these.
4. Did you receive an email that appears to be from New Au Pair, asking you to visit a page (not on our website) and enter your email address and password to 'validate' your account? DON'T DO THIS! We never send out such emails to our users.
5. Did you receive an email that appears to be from New Au Pair, telling you to contact a 'verified' family by email? DO NOT CONTACT THEM! This is a scam. We don't send out such emails.
6. Did you receive an email that appears to be from CHI Au Pair (or any other agency), telling you that a family is interested in you and asking you to pay a fee? DO NOT CONTACT THEM! CHI Au Pair has told us that there are scammers using their name in such emails. The families on our site register themselves and will contact you directly if they are interested.
7. Worried about a family? You must see their profile on newaupair.com or we cannot help you. If a family emails you directly, without adding you to their favourites list, ATTENTION! If they say they have deleted their profile for any reason, they are scammers who we have already deleted!
8. Please contact us IF you have seen a suspicious family profile AND you can tell us their membership number (top left box of their profile). If not, please DO NOT contact us.
Nannies and au pairs' safety is important to us. The New Au Pair Team work to keep this site as safe as possible for all nannies, au pairs and families. Some of the New Au Pair team are in fact Family Members, and some have been nannies or au pairs when they were younger, and we understand how important safety is.
For this reason, the only people who can see your full profile are families who have registered. And only Premium Family Members who have paid can see your email address. (We know that other nanny and au pair sites also show your home address and telephone details, but we do not think this is a good idea.) In addition, to protect your privacy, this site has been designed so that search engines cannot see or index the contact details section of your profile. This means that your contact details page will not show up if someone searches Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL etc for your name.
Registration is automatic and we cannot personally review each family profile that is added, due to the thousands of families registering. Your contact with families on the site is therefore at your own risk. Please contact us IF you have seen a suspicious family profile AND you can tell us their membership number (top left box of their profile). If not, please DO NOT contact us.
Naturally, membership of this site is at our absolute discretion and we may take whatever actions we deem appropriate following any emails from au pairs or nannies about any of the above.
We work hard to make this the safest nanny and au pair website on the Internet for you.
Here is some good advice to help you to detect a scammer. All au pair and nanny membership websites sometimes get 'families' who are not what they say they are. Here is some advice to help you avoid a scam. If you can answer “yes” to some of these questions, then the family might not be genuine:-
If you are worried, please write to us. Tell us your membership number, the membership number of the family, and the reasons for your concern, and we will try to investigate for you.
IMPORTANT! If the family hasn't given you their membership number (and you haven't therefore seen their profile), it is because we will already have deleted them and we therefore don't need to know. Please don't email us if we have already deleted their profile.
The newaupair.com team
To find a family or au pairFind out more
"I was successful in finding a family in a short time. Thank you!"
- Dalia S, United Kingdom